Maroc

I was sitting  by the track, waiting for my dad to come to pick up myself and two other friends from practice, frantically loading and reloading my email. The first finalist notification had just been announced on Facebook, so I knew that mine, (if I was a finalist), was coming soon. Suddenly another Facebook post popped from Catherine saying, "FINALIST TO MOROCCO! CRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!"and for some reason I just knew, right then and there, that there was an email waiting for me in my inbox telling me I had been accepted, but my email just would not load!!! I grabbed Mary Kate's phone and desperately added my email on it, handed it back, and waited for a response. "Gabriel Coleman?" she said, and I yelped! This was it, sitting here in my inbox titled, "Yes Abroad Program in Morocco." My heart stopped,  I couldn't believe it until I opened it up and saw the magical words:

"Dear Charis,
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as a Finalist for a 2013-2014 Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Abroad scholarship for study in Morocco!"

I jumped up and literally screamed, "I'M GOING TO MOROCCO!!!!" The whole school could've heard me, but I didn't care! I had just won a FULL SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD IN MOROCCO FOR 10 MONTHS!!!!!! I can't believe it, it's two days later and I still don't believe it!

Comments

Popular Posts