This is my Potential Breakup Song

A lot of people have been asking how it was being back in Uganda, and let me tell you... it was hard. It was amazing yes, but hard. The only way to describe it is with an analogy.

Every breakup needs closure. Four years ago, I broke up with Uganda. When I went back a week ago, I guess I thought that the relationship would immediately rekindle, but that wasn't the case. I had moved on, Uganda had moved on. Though we'll still be friends, long distance relationships are hard. For the last 4 years, I've been thinking of Uganda as my home, but going back made me realize that it's not realistic to think like that. Uganda will always have a special place in my heart and has shaped me to be the person I am now, but now I recognize that things will never be the same again. It's hard to accept, but its helping me move on and get ready for Morocco!

Comments

  1. You crack me up. And this post is also making me realize how much I need to talk to you! Calling at this moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts